Wednesday, February 01, 2006

The Comedic Genius of Kim Jong Il

First, I must apologize to my co-blogger Jack who first exposed Kim Jong Il's humor (and whose post I inadvertendly deleted!).

I think that in these difficult times, it's important to stop and smell the roses. It's important to note the funny things about international relations and international politics. In that vein, I offer...Kim Jong Il's ELEVEN holes in one in his first round of golf. Yes, that's right...ELEVEN.

According to CNN, "North Korean publications describe Kim Jong Il as a renaissance man who has flown fighter aircraft, written operas and shot 11 holes-in-one in his first try at golf." For a more detailed assessment of the amazing 38 below par round of golf check out this article from "Anyone for tee". The Anyone piece backs up Kim's claim by noting that all 17 of his bodyguards attest to the fantastic performance.

When I read these things I wonder... What would it feel like to be the North Korea PR guys who sit down and say "You know...I think it might be too unbelievable if we said he got 13 holes in one and that he might get mad if we say he got only 9 holes in one. Let's split the difference and give him 11."

Just imagine what Kim Jong Il could do in an NFL game. He's welcome on my team anytime.

No comments: