Friday, March 03, 2006

Pinocchio Berlusconi Goes to America

In a previous post, I tried to guess what Berlusconi would say before the Congress. I thought that he would declare his love to the US, but I also thought that he would voice some doubt/problem/proccupation concerning the war in Iraq.

I don't think I could be more wrong than that! My mistake was to credit Berlusconi of the ability to make a political discourse (I know I am too naif). Berlusconi instead played his ultra demagogic role and possily went beyond that. (read a report here)

He is a puppet. He is an overoptimistic puppet with fake hair, fake tan, fake smile. Pinocchio, a compatriot, would be frightened by the ability to make it all up demonstrated by the italian prime minister.

Well done, Silvio, you are a freedom fighter!

No comments: